- Identity, Security, and Privacy
- Identity Management - IETF
- Commerce Identity - Microsoft
- Decentralized Identity - Ripple Labs
- Mobile Identity and Payments - Qualcomm
- Pushing Back on Centralization - Lyra
- The Web Crypto API and Payments - W3C
- Balancing Identity, Privacy, and Anonymity - British Computer Society
- Daniel Appelquist
- Natasha Rooney
- Daniel Appelquist, Natasha Rooney, Virginie Galindo, Hannes Tschofenig, Bryan Sullivan, Ori Eisen, Jörg Heuer, Adrian Citu, Manu Sporny, Mountie Lee, Timothy Ng, Wendy Seltzer, Stefan Thomas, Ernesto Jimenez, Charles McCathie Nevile, Giridhar Mandyam, Erik Anderson, Gregory Estrade, Harry Halpin, Louise Bennett, Joseph Potvin, and 82 others for a total of 103+ people
Natasha Rooney is scribing.
Note: These are minutes for an official W3C Workshop event that have been cleaned up and reformatted by the Web Payments Community Group. The Web Payments Community Group and the W3C are two different organizations, and it is the W3C that managed this event. These minutes may be handed over to the W3C to become the official minutes for the event, but that has not happened yet (and may not happen at all). Readers should understand that there is a difference between officially sanctioned W3C work, and the work done by the Web Payments Community Group (which is not officially sanctioned by W3C's membership).
Topic: Identity, Security, and Privacy
Topic: Identity Management - IETF
Hannes explains the flow of getting an OAuth token.
USE CASE: Use OpenID Connect to bootstrap a payments process.
Topic: Commerce Identity - Microsoft
USE CASE: Associate fraud information and signals with identities.
USE CASE: Don't share any theft-worthy data with merchants.
Wseltzer, you wanted to ask what about customers who don't want a *single* commerce identity but multiple personalities? and to discuss strong privacy guarantees, if you do link
Topic: Decentralized Identity - Ripple Labs
USE CASE: Place identity in a decentralized network
USE CASE: Update identity information in a decentralized network (replace payment providers, e-mail attestation, etc.)
Topic: Mobile Identity and Payments - Qualcomm
USE CASE: Determine how Premium SMS (operator billing) works with a Web payments solution.
USE CASE: Protect privacy when making purchases using geolocation technologies.
Topic: Pushing Back on Centralization - Lyra
USE CASE: Figure out a way to couple identities together to allow one identity to retrieve access to another identity if the 2nd identity loses their 2FA device.
USE CASE: Keeping your web of trust in your wallet and only expose it to the outside world when necessary.
USE CASE: Secure backup wallet data info to a friends wallet.
Topic: The Web Crypto API and Payments - W3C
Topic: Balancing Identity, Privacy, and Anonymity - British Computer Society
USE CASE: Separate the idea of privacy and anonymity when it comes to web payments. Privacy for online actions is important. Anonymity when it comes to financial transactions and moving of money is problematic.